Under the government's draft resolution, the changes on services and activities for people without national COVID-19 certificates would come into force on September 13.

The draft resolution states that services, shops, trade and entertainment venues, restaurants, cafes, bars and other entertainment places, betting shops, commercial ad non-commercial cultural, entertainment and sports events, celebrations, fairs, festivals and other types of gatherings could be open only to adults with immunity and children up to the age of 16.

The rules would apply to double-jabbed people or those with immunity after recovering from the coronavirus when that is confirmed with a PCR or antigen test, or for those having a negative PCR test done within the last 48 hours, as well as for children up to the age of 16.

Meanwhile, people who do not meet such criteria would face restrictions. They could only visit small shops selling food and veterinary products, pharmacies, as well as opticians, having direct outdoor access and areas below 1,500 square meters. The rule would also apply to shops in shopping center with the aforementioned area.

Services for people without national certificates would be restricted in two stages. One of them is not identified in the draft resolution and would still allow beauty services and outdoor events, and the list would be further cut on September 13.

Audrius Sceponavicius of the Health Ministry said during the meeting of the parliamentary Committee on Health that the first stage would be introduced after a certain hospital bed occupancy rate was reached.

"Once the bed occupancy rate reaches 300, we plan to change the government resolution on the extreme situation, and a wide-ranging application of national certificates would come be introduced," he said.

Meanwhile, as of September 13, people without national COVID-19 certificates would be provides with minor repair services when contact last less than 15 minutes, as well beauty services, veterinary services. They would also be able to visit exhibitions, museums, libraries, and receive healthcare and social services.

The list would no longer include beauty services, passenger transportation services (inter-city and international) as well as outdoor events.

Economy and Innovation Minister Ausrine Armonaite said on Tuesday the ministry suggests as part of discussions on national certificates "not to bother vaccinated people with restrictions".

She also confirmed that the validity of national certificates would be extended for up to two months.

As of last Monday, such certificates are valid for one month, compared to one week previously.

Last week, the Cabinet agreed that contact activities for people without national certificates would be restricted, with certain exceptions, as the number of COVID-19 hospital patients is nearing 300.

National COVID-19 certificates can be obtained by vaccinated people, people who have had the virus or those having negative tests.